Monday 10 March 2014

The Vintage Bazaar Fair on a sunny Saturday

I had the day to myself, the sun was shining, so I took myself off on a jaunt. I'm so glad that I did, the hall at Devizes was filled with stalls, full of hidden treasures and glowing with colour- the perfect place for a person like me to be! (thevintagebazaar.blogspot.com)
 I wandered around and even bought myself a few little treats...


I was drawn to the stall of Stephen and Judy www.allthingsvintageandbeautiful.co.uk  They managed that rare feat, their stock is a mixture of all colours and yet together it made a balanced and pleasing collection. I was most impressed, because I know how difficult that it to achieve!
Well as you might guess, I got tempted... the three pretty crocus coffee cups are now on my dresser waiting for a christening at my next dinner party. I have rare and beautiful Art Deco coffee set but having only four cups, I have been looking for some cups that will form a pleasing addition.

Donna admiring their stall
I was happy to see my friend Anne Marie peeping out from behind the bunting of her pretty stall

Skybluevintage blog

Part of the fun of these fairs is catching up with friends and meeting people whose blogs I have been reading.
I was very taken with the elegance of the Faded Rose Vintage stall www.fadedrosevintage.blogspot.co.uk


and even persuaded Sarah of Blue Zinnia Vintage www.bluezinniavintage.etsy.com to let me take her picture!



As always, I was drawn to the beautiful things on Teresa's stall www.cherubantiques.co.uk. It was a perfect treasure trove






I love the fact that although all the stall are selling vintage things, they have their own very different character:

Brilliantly quirky! www.handmadeandvintage.co.uk

Delicate and beautiful-www.willandbea.co.uk

So cheerful!

There were many stalls selling mouthwateringly beautiful fabric and clothes. I floated about entranced by the colours.









This dress had such pretty detail- www.donnaflower.com

Then I found this lovely stall...


And now own a necklace of beautiful green glass beads.
It was a busy fair, with people everywhere smiling, chatting. measuring and buying-




Finally, I dragged myself away, with one extra pretty thing...


A gift from Judy (All Things Vintage and Beautiful)- What a nice end to the visit!
My apologies to the people I haven't mentioned, or the photos I haven't 'tagged'. I had so many pieces of paper, I seem to have mislaid a few...

24 comments:

  1. Hello Jane:

    What an absolute delight all of this looks to have been and how we should have loved browsing through so many appealing treasures gathered together in one place, namely Devizes Town Hall!! Alas, there is nothing at all like this to be found anywhere, or at any time, in Hungary and we do rather miss events such as this one.

    Your coffee cups are most attractive. Personally speaking we rather like having a mixture of china rather than everything having to match.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jane and Lance,
      It was an especially good fair and a sunny day had lifted everybody's spirits as well. I agree with you about china, I enjoy the search for pieces that sit well together, rather than just matching. Jane xx

      Delete
  2. Wish I could have made it there ... it looked like such a good fair. M x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely one, I hope to have a stall there myself later in the year. Jane xx

      Delete
  3. Thanks Jane. It was lovely to see you at the Fair. I'm so glad you found some treasures to take home. Hope to see you again soon. Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to see you too Teresa, I must look at your new treasures at Dairy House. Jane xx

      Delete
  4. Thank you for a wonderful blog -post about our fair. It was lovely to meet you. Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to meet you too Liz and thanks for the application form. I hope to be a part of it later this year! Jane x

      Delete
  5. great blogpost- you saw more than I did, I hardly had a chance to get away from my stall!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a busy fair, I ran out of time too- and I was just looking round! Jane xx

      Delete
  6. Thank you for this wonderful round-up of the very attractive stands at VB Devizes, as sadly I was not able to attend.

    Btw I was at the Netherhampton fine art auction ( cattle market!) on Friday night as you suspected. I did notice you during the book section when I peeked through the door but you were obviously very occupied. G and I had 'made camp' in the café lounge and when I popped back you had gone. Sorry to miss you - we had wine on the go! Cx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darn it! I would have loved to have met you both. Perhaps next time we'll be lucky? Jane xx

      Delete
  7. Really lovely post Jane and great photos. Was good to meet you Sat and hope we meet again at another fair :)

    Fi. Xxx
    Faded Rose Vintage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fi, hope to see you again too. Jane xx

      Delete
  8. Lovely blog and thanks for the mention too. It was a lovely fair - as always

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a happy buzzy fair, it was lovely to meet you, I hope we do so again, at another fair maybe? Jane xx

      Delete
  9. Lovely blog and thanks for the mention too. It was a lovely fair - as always

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was so lovely to meet you on Saturday. Great blog post, thank you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it was lovely to meet you to! It was such a great, friendly fair, I really enjoyed my morning. Jane xx

      Delete
  11. Ah - I remember visiting this fair so well! But it's a good 300 miles away so I'll just have to dream.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah, such pretty finds! I felt like a kid in a candy store, and I'm sure had I been there, it'd have taken me hours to come out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely day for you, Jane. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for the blog comment. Hope you are having a great weekend! Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  15. How did I miss your post before now? I so wanted to attend this fair but we had a previous engagement. It's always a good one. Would have loved to see you, and all those glorious stalls too. Next time! x

    ReplyDelete