Monday 1 November 2021

Moving onward

There are so many experiences and days that I’m not recording here. I have snuck off to see the sea- although I’d planned to keep the beach days for the latter part of my holiday.

This is the lighthouse at Penmon Point on Anglesey


 I gazed at quilts and ridden on the cliff-side train at Aberystwyth.



And I have fallen in love with the mellow countryside with its woods of mossy trees, glowing green meadows, lakes, and rivers. The tiny winding lanes with grass growing in the middle have always led me to beautiful places.



The mountains and their dramatic passes are still there to be explored but there is a gentle feel to this part of Wales. I have felt at home in Pool Cottage and met kind and interesting people in my week here.




2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos, and excellent words. Sometimes a holiday is less about ‘wow’ and more about ‘aaaahhh’!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do agree, the quiet moments of happiness are often the times you remember afterwards.

      Delete