Wednesday 19 May 2021

A June Wedding



As Summer approaches, excitement in my family increases because at the beginning of June my daughter Emily is getting married.

Emily and Jordan have been together since they met at university. He is such a talented, kind and good man and I have grown to love him dearly. He and Emmie are perfect for each other and I am so happy to think of him becoming one of the family.


It has not been an easy year for anybody planning their wedding. There has been uncertainty, there are still restrictions but we are finally allowing ourselves to feel excited.





After a solitary lockdown, Emily's recent visits to me have felt so special. We are doing a lot of the organising ourselves, so the pair of us have been having so much fun researching, discussing, and experimenting.

Their wedding is taking place in a beautiful old manor house and gardens, so vintage plates and antique glass bottles will suit perfectly.




For me, helping with the flowers is such a joy. I intend to enjoy every moment, from visiting florists, swooning over beautiful blooms, to growing just the right flowers in my garden to decorate the tables.






I am very lucky to have this time with Emily, to be together again and to be looking forward to such an important day in our lives. 

Family, flowers, antiques- champagne, silk, and lace, all mixed up together with love and laughter; no wonder I feel like celebrating!












 



4 comments:

  1. It sounds wonderful, and I hope you will have a really fantastic time. It certainly sounds as if you will! Hope you'll post some photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you- all I hope is that everyone is healthy and happy on the day and I will definitely be posting some photos!

      Delete
  2. How lovely! The setting for the wedding sounds divine!
    So good that you get on well with Jordan. I’m very lucky to also have a good relationship with my son in law and my daughter in law… I love them dearly.
    Wishing you all the best for a wonderful day. 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sal, it is such a blessing when family gets on isn't it? I will be posting photos! x

      Delete